3/25/07

yesterday

Got worked, in a good way. of course. Opened up my climbing account at the Bank of Quiet Places. 50 degree misty, not quite rainy ride, Duffy along for company. Hit Bendersville climb out of his place, that first big lump, then rolled thru the orchards into Gettysburg, that's all those little lumps in the middle. Stopped at the shop as Jay threw new sneakers on his steed, timing was perfect as we avoided a blowing thru shower. Then we figured that rolling up thru the Narrows and back into Michaux would be better than multiple kicks to the teeth thru the orchards near Goodyear, that's the big spike. First time I've ever ridden that climb, it was neat. High point of the day was not having to walk alongside the 40:15 in order to climb Shippensburg Road. 6mph on a road bike hasn't felt like that in a loooooong time. Was fulling expecting to feel tendons ripped from bone and watch my knees turn into quivering jelly like lumps, but none of that happened, and I can still walk this morning. Success!

Another 27,172 pedal strokes in the bank, only 50,340 to go.

Today I ride a bike that coasts, for the first time since Thanksgiving, and it'll be in the woods, which I haven't done since January-ish. Color me psyched.

Big hawk in a tree.

No comments: