3/2/07

digging out


Back out onto the roads last night. Just a little systems check type spin. Knee felt much much better, could actually tell when I got clipped in. On about the fifth pedal stroke the knee cracked, in a reassuring way. Like the way you get your back cracked, or crack a knuckle, it felt good. Took it as a positive sign, since some swelling or whatever must have gone down enough to allow somewhat free movement in the joint, got things settled back into place. Range of movement was less restricted and after 40 or so minutes, it felt about as normal as I could expect right now.

Rode a short loop out thru Mt Holly, then on towards Bubble town, trying to avoid the known melted snow puddle spots, looks like it'll be a damp wknd on the road this wknd. Even found a bit of that flowiness last night, cruising along outside Mt Holly, on that stretch of road that dips under the tracks. Got into that relaxing, mindless, almost like flying mode for a spell. Gave me a chance to look out at the horizon, and I saw something wayyy out there. Granted, just a little speck on the edge of vision, but I could see some type of shape taking form out there. I guess that first week of July is creeping into range, slowly but surely. Before, it was just an odd, idiotic, Quixotic windmill in my mind.....now I'm just starting to see the circular motion of those big cloth covered fans. Where's my pony?


Oh yeah, if you're gonna post a comment in an attempt to talk trash, at least man up, instead being some little anonymous bitch, bitch.

No comments: