3/15/07

memories


My first 'fixed' was a lot like this fine specimen, but mine also had the e-brake for those sweet power slides. One of my very first memories of 'racing' was on the same machine, I was 5.

Let's race down the hill!!!!!

The end of said race put me in the hospital. Got high sided over the curb & onto the driveway at the bottom of the hill from my house, didn't make quite make it thru the corner. Remember how it hurt so bad that you couldn't cry? That you couldn't breath? That you just wanted your mommy? I remember Brandon helping me walk back up to my house, I remember making it to the front yard and sort of collapsing..... I remember how cold & raw that fucking stainless steel table that they laid me on for the x-rays was. I don't remember the throwing up, or the passing in & out, or all of those other neat things that go along with what was a pretty serious concussion. I still feel kinda bad for putting my mom thru all that, taking care of her little 5yr old boy who just slammed his noggin off the asphalt. Probably scared her a good bit that day. Thanks mom, for everything.

Will I ever learn?

No comments: