3/8/07

daily commuter?


I pass this bike on my walk down to the Pub. I'm guessing that in another two weeks or so, it'll be back out on the road again. Might need a bit of lube on the chain though.

It snowed again yesterday, 4-5" of really dry powpow. Couldn't resist and went out to MarshRun w/ Huxley, Bender & Ripple. Nice & easy hour and a half on the skinny sticks, now I can say that I got in a session of 'XC' skiing for the year. It's nice to use all the toys in the chest at least once a year. Felt different to be on skis that actually kick and glide, instead of slogging along doing the plastic tele boot shuffle.

The air was crisp, we finished shortly after dark and the pooches had fun, tails wagging the whole time. For me, it was sort of a bittersweet experience. Huxster is getting old, hate say it, really hate to see it. It's tough to see your bestest buddy of the last 12 years showing those signs of slowing down, it really fucking sucks. I guess it really hit home last night since Ripple came along. Seeing the active difference between the 3ish yr old youngster and my old buddy..... Huxster still thinks she's a pup, has that sparkle in her eyes, a tail that never stops wagging and I know that we have lots and lots and lots of good times yet to share, I just fucking hate it when reality sneaks up and pinches you like that.

That is all, I hate thinking about this shit, much less writing it down.

peace.

No comments: