6/28/07

finally

why does this feel a bit anticlimatic?

how is it that I'm sooooo tranquilo right now?



why am I not chasing down last minute bits for the bikes, fretting over this and that and whether or not I'm ready. Is it all really turning into old hat? Or am I actually somewhat prepared this time round?

actually, I guess I am kinda anxious to get it on. The great mystery at this point is how well will I hang on the road stages? I'm confident for the mtn, figuring that I should be able to gain enough elsewhere that the time losses on the faaahhhhhhhst downhills won't be enough to drop me into DFL range. Guess we'll know for real after Boyscout at about 6pm tomorrow.

The big gnawing anxiety concerns the two road stages. Cuz I'm a fearin' the inability to hang on parade pace over rolling terrain. I' not sure if I've got enough in the tank for a bunch of downhill sprints at 30+ as everybody freewheels along. Rolling against gravity I should be fine, but over repeated or long sections where ya'll look to tuck it, those are the slummingest of slumtown times for me. And Tuesday, GOOD LORD! If I survive that fucker....holy shit. 100miles, 12k of climbing, 2pm start time. That leaves 7hours of daylight, 7.5 ridable-ish without lights.....fuck me.

But I can do this. I'm rested, I've shown good form recently without dipping too deep into the well. Recently the legs have been touch and go, but I've purposely not dug too deep at all since the BSRR. Letting the beast take a bit of a nap. Roused him a bit during last night's quick ride though, clunky at the start, then found good sensations while toying with tailwind assisted spinning. Looked at the cyclocomputer after the ride, the odo read 1800+. So looks like I'll turn over two grand towards the end of Tuesday's ride. Could be a reason to celebrate or something.

First I gotta get thru FridaySaturdaySundayMonday.

neat.

hope everybody has a good holidaze.
Good luck to those foolz going to Canada & the local scene in their endeavors.

Maybe if my legs agree and Salsa comes thru as expected, I'll see some of ya'll up in Thorpe.....

peace out.
(I hope to be out of contact until the 5th.)

addendum: Interesting that this year, I'm most excited about seeing/hanging with distant members of the clan, those friends that you, unfortunately, only really see a couple times a year....Fooftowners, Bo y' es, IF Chick, The Gun Show, NC homeys, Bulldogs from Jersey.

But, no Jake?!?! christ, he's probably shopping for aprons right now, fucking Suzy homemaker, can't even swing a single fucking stage. Talk about being even more whipped than Bender, shit, times they are a changin'. Surprised the Beemer gocart hasn't been traded for a Volvo by now, lord knows he never fucking drives it for more than 2hours at a time......what a pussy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR JAKE, HE IS JUST AFRAID THE NEW DOODLE MIGHT SHAT ON HIS STUFF.

tUESDAY STARTING AT 10 AM SHOULD GIVE SOME MORE DAYLIGHT!

YOU WILL LOVE THE FIXY IN ROCKTOWN

PSYCHED PONGER

Anonymous said...

Miller you can go suck it! For the record I'M NOT A PUSSY! I am in the midst of a new job, relocation, and home purchase/remodel. You've got my word that I'm doing the tour next year and that I am going to be a raging asshole. With all these disparaging comments about being pussy whipped and busting on my car, you had better keep track of your water bottles, because I'll fill them with my piss.

If I was a betting man, I'd give you a 20% chance of completing the tour this year. You're either going to crash really hard or totally ruin your knees. Don't be a dumbass! Best of luck and lots of luv!

Jake