4/1/07

rocked

Good morning!
I'm a dorky blogging cyclist. Well, that was big bite to chew. dawn patrol, 6:20 departure. Rolling towards Mt Holly.

bailed on hooking up the group thang 8:30ish w/
another hour of riding between me and the 9am meet up spot.
still smilin' for now, April fool.

jumped onto brush trail, then logged my community service.

got flow?up Woodrow and Jakes to the rainy ridgeline love.
Rampage loved me softly across and down Rattlesnake.
(gratuitous loam pic)

bumped into Jes & Heath out charting course, then the old school brothers behind the lakes.


cherry on top was climbing Cold Spring
to Vista then Flat Trail and home in 8.5 hours. 57ish miles, 7ish hours of 'ride time'one flat tire, 4 gels and 2 Luna bars, one big bottle of G'rade
and just enough water topped with a Hop Slam.

Challenged myself and found some answers to a question or two.The Dos is a very comfortable sled for a full day's effort, the Rampage hooks up to whatever you ask it to, but does fell sluggish on the road/hardpack, give a little, get a little, just another part of the equation. Sounds like the 'Cakes had a good ride, turns out I coulda hooked up afterall, but then I'd only now be getting home.......peace.

Remember kids, Safety First!

2 comments:

camps said...

Nice work!
And I thought you were on your fixy with 2.3 downhill tires.

Can you send me your GPS/Google file?

Tomi said...

no cando on the gps, that route is just a freehand path from GoogleEarth.....