4/5/10

dawn patrolin'


well, sort of, forgot how
long the commute to Big
Flat is. Did catch first
rays, just not from the
saddle proper.

it was a quiet, relaxed ride.
WildCat-Abby-DrainedRes-
Beaver-spin up the road.
Just a pleasant spin, enjoying
Springtime near the water.

Water. It's been pulling on
me recently. Had briefly
entertained thoughts of
playing in a boat, haven't
ruled it out 100%...do I
really need another gear
intensive pursuit that involves
that much driving, that much
extraneous extra stuff...chasing
the water, doing the shuttles...
meh, I do enough of that during
the winter, trying to hang out
with Ullr.

But, man, hanging out in these
environs, it pulls. So, I regrettably
gave some money to The Man and
bought a fishing license this year,
first since '04. Figured if I'm gonna
be on a piece of water where I might
get scrutinized, like fishing evening
sulphers on the LeTort instead of
just chasing brookies up in those
hidden pockets of nowhere in the
Tuscarrora, I should have that piece
of paper, ya know?

wonder how long 'til I'm tying like
that again? practice, practice...I
think I'll start with some simple
hare's ear nymphs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fixie bike packin'

http://drunkcyclist.com/2010/04/05/randys-revolution-goes-up-the-river/

Anonymous said...

Got boats (WS Diesel 75 & Pyranha Recoil(L), PFD, paddle, skirt just settin' in the garage waitin' for someone to use them !!! No cold weather gear for you tho' so best wait for warm water/air and then get in close to home (Marysville). Just say when. HA !

RB