1/31/07

center of the universe

Found: Tomi's Top Secret Training Programme
c. Nov, 2006



Been watching Dicky torture himself over his schedule for the upcoming season. Please Rich, step awayyyy from the crackpipe, seriously. And looking at all that travel he's talkiing about, I realized how lucky I am. From where I'm situated, my season, shit, my whole year is pretty easy to figure out. I've got a full slate of racing & events to blanket an entire year, all disciplines, on some of the best, most demanding terrain, up against some of the fastest ponies on the planet...................all within an easy 3.5hr drive.

I can go hit up some short, sub 2hr, lappitylap roundyround xc races wherever the latest MASS stop is, even an AMBC down in Greenbriar.....but I think you need one of those license things, so I'll probably go get my speed fix at a WVMBA dilly or two instead. Then I guess I'll have to settle for three local 50 milers in Michaux (May-July (100?)-Sept), along with the Stoopid 50 in State College in June. And of course, there are the longer races, the 101 in Coburn in July (edit: oops, August) and the Shenandoah Hundo in September. Or maybe another 24 at Big Bear or possibly Seven Springs, but those both have date conflicts, oh darn.

For the main course I can feast on a Grand Tour or two, another Giro-Tour double? Sure, why not, and I don't even need the help of certain Spanish doctors. Of course, a properly rounded programme must also include a portion of Classiques, for 'training'. So go ahead and mark me down for the Harris-Roubaix in April, Tomi's Birthday Classique a week or so later, possibly some Stokesville-Douthat love in May (if I can work out the Huxley logistics), then call it a wrap with a Fall Classique on Spruce or maybe the Gnarley again when the leaves go psychedelic, and I can never rule out the IronCross until at least a month beforehand. Then there's Oregon, would realllly like to pull that one off. And like any properly dedicated racer, I should have a training camp of sorts. So I'm thinking of maybe a long wknd fixy session, mtn & road sometime in June, recon some Tour stages, or at least relive previous routes, that Committe'e le Tour can be awfully secretive regarding stage details.

And that's all within 3.5 hours drive. Pretty easy, huh?

4 comments:

van den kombs said...

Not sure when HArris Roubaix is, but there is a new race April 21st in Leesburg VA (13 hr, solo, duo or trio) Bakers Doazen I am hoping Carol C and I will be doing. Maybe you guys
should consider..starts at 11amsat-midnight.

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=3970

camps said...

we have it pretty good considering, and that doesn't even include White Grass, ADKs etc.

dicky said...

Jerk, go ahead and live where it's convenient to race.
I like driving eight hours or more just to ride. It's bear-awesome.

Tomi said...

hee hee heee....